Thursday, June 26, 2008

Love These Mountains














My husband and I moved to Western NC from Georgia in 1993, and we have never regretted the move. It is beautiful up here; and inspirational as well. My writing is really taking off and no small amount of credit goes to the wonderful scenery around me.


I have also made some great friends since we moved here. I've met some strong women who have become great role-models and helped me become a strong woman as well.



When I was a child, my mother and I moved around quite a bit. She was a restless soul and just couldn't seem to stay in one place for long. She used to say that if God had meant for us to stay in one place, he would have given us roots. This is the longest I've lived in one area. I think I have finally found my roots.

No comments: