Monday, June 9, 2008

Bad News/Good News

Somewhere out there, in that vast wasteland we call the internet, there are ideas. Ideas for a short story, a poem, an essay. I know they're there. I've found some of them before, and I know I can find them again.



I often find myself on CNN.com. You can find a myriad of ideas there. The only problem is, most of them are sad. Some of the stories on CNN are just horrible. Of all the animals on Earth, human beings are the cruelest of all. The things we do to helpless creatures, and to each other, are often appalling.



To get away from the bad news out there, I sometimes check out the Good News Network. Mind you, some of the stuff on the site is for members only, and I don't subscribe. But, you can look at some stuff there. Or, you can go to Google and type in "good news." You'd be surprised what you will find.



My favorite thing to do is go to the images section on Google and type in "smile." You can get a good laugh that way.



No comments: