Friday, June 20, 2008

Feeling Nostalgic



I'm feeling nostalgic today. I decided to look up famous birthdays, just to see if I could find one for today. The name Lionel Richie jumped out at me, and suddenly I was back in high school.


Most of his songs from back then bring back some sort of memory:

*Hello makes me think about how I used to keep glancing out the door of the classroom, hoping to see Gary walk by. I thought he was the cutest thing.

*Dancing on the Ceiling reminds me of watching MTV with my friends; dancing around the living room like we were "all that."


*Say You, Say Me...well, what can I say? Remember Mikhail Baryshnikov and the late, great Gregory Hines dancing in the Russian studio? Weren't they wonderful? (I still mourn Hines' death.)



Today is Lionel Richie's 59th birthday. Happy Birthday Lionel. Thanks for all those memories.

I'm going to go put on one of his records. (Remember those things? Vinyl?) And I know my parachute pants are around here somewhere....

No comments: