Monday, June 9, 2008

Early Morning Musings


WOW! It is way too early for this. But, I woke up at 1:30am and just plain wasn't able to get back to sleep. I decided to search around the net for a while, looking for a way to earn money doing what I absolutely love - writing. I did manage to find a company with jobs in writing, editing, research, etc; and even better, it's a work from home opportunity. So, I typed up a quick introduction email, attached my resume and sent it out. Wish me luck. This would be a dream job for me, plus with gas prices being what they are...well, working from home is looking even better than it ever has.


OK, time for some good news for a change. Patrick Swayze has been cleared by doctors to begin work on a new television series. It seems his pancreatic cancer isn't as bad as originally thought, and it looks like he is going to be all right. This is good news for a few reason: 1) I have always like Swayze...what child of the 80's doesn't?!? 2) It's a crime drama series, and as far as I'm concerned, we can never have too many of those. 3) Just goes to show you that when some doctor somewhere tells you there's no hope, they aren't necessarily right. There is always hope.


Way to go, Patrick!



Well, that's it for now from the mountains of Western North Carolina. Time to take advantage of the early morning hour and work on my novel.

No comments: