Wednesday, September 24, 2008

National Punctuation Day/Book Recommendation

Today is National Punctuation Day. What? You've ever heard of it? Well, neither have I. But, there's a website and everything. (http://www.nationalpunctuationday.com/) I clicked through this site a bit and it has some pretty good info. Plus it's kind of fun. The idea of the "holiday" is to "remind corporations and professional people of the importance of proper punctuation." We could all use that reminder once in a while. (I get a reminder every time I read the local paper. Jeez.)



I read many different types of books: fiction, non-fiction, biographies, horror, mystery. Lately though, I've been pretty picky. I've tried so many books, and so many I have given up on and just tossed into the donation pile. (I'm collecting paperbacks to send to troops overseas. But, that's another story.) The Road by Cormac McCarthy is one exception. Wow, what a read. I was really impressed by this one, and recommend it to anyone who will listen. This is one of the few I will keep to read again later.

One thing worries me. A movie based on this book is scheduled to be released later this year. I just don't think any movie can do it justice.


Well, that's it for today, I reckon. I'm off to work on a short story......

2 comments:

Pat in east TN said...

I read "The Road" a while back and agree it is a very good read, but yikes, a movie!?!?! I can't even imagine .....

Susan M. Bell said...

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to this movie. I really don't see how they can do the book justice at all.