Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Gonna Talk Rain Some More



Well, the sun came out for a few minutes today, and the rain has stopped for the time being. I wish I had grabbed the camera this morning and taken another photo of the creek behind my house. It was pretty high. I've seen it higher, but it still kind of creeps me out when it gets like that.

What I did get was some photos and a video this afternoon. Instead of coffee with lots of cream, the creek now looks like very, very watered down coffee and cream.


You can actually see the rocks on the bottom of the creek now, along with the larger ones the water runs over making the sound I have always loved.



We've been under flash flood warnings and watches since yesterday morning. There have been some issues with the river in places and creeks all over. With all that, I haven't heard one person complain about all the rain. Just shows how desperate we've been the past few months.

Now there's Gustav headed into the Gulf, and they say it may affect us later on down the road. Well, they say "when it rains, it pours." And we're seeing that literally this week.

(Just an aside: ever wonder who 'they' are?)

2 comments:

Pat in east TN said...

Yep, 2" of rain here on 'my side of the mountain', and it was more then welcome and more is to come tonight and tomorrow and then later on down the road like you mentioned.

I love the sound of your creek and only hope that someday mine will run again ... it's a lovely, soothing sound.

Susan M. Bell said...

I don't even know how much we've gotten, but it's still coming down off and on. The sound of the water is very soothing, isn't it. Amazing how something so soothing can turn into something so scary during flood times.