Friday, July 11, 2008

Mountain Wonderland


Mrs. Margaret Fuller of Little Switzerland was nice enough to allow me to take photos of her garden today. Here she is picking blue berries, which are caged to keep the birds from getting them all. (She would only let me take her picture if she was facing away from the camera.)
















Mrs. Fuller has a beautiful vegetable garden, with some huge cabbage. I would love to get hold of some cabbages that size. This area is fenced and had a "guard" standing duty to ward off wayward rabbits and such.





Mrs. Fuller told me the names of some of her flowers, but alas, my memory isn't what it used to be. And, I forgot to bring a notebook along with me. Some names I know, but for the most part, I just "know what I like." Names or no, it doesn't really matter. What matters is the beautiful tableau of color...and the fact that they make you feel good when you see them.



And what a view.

No comments: