Monday, July 7, 2008

Coming Up On 16 Years


My husband and I will have been married 16 years tomorrow. (We were married one year to the day of our first date.) I looked it up on the internet, and it seems there are no "traditional materials or symbols" connected to the 16th. It's just a blip on the screen...or barely that. Nothing special I reckon.


Well, it's special to us. We are both children of divorce, and neither set of parents made it this far. My mother was married 5 times (only counted 3 - but that's a story for another blog) and none of hers made it to 16. One only made it about 30 days. (Gotta be some sort of record there.)


I am so happy to be married to my best friend. Chris and I get along not just as husband and wife, we love to just spend time together, hang out like friends do. I know so many people who talk about wanting to be away from their husband/wife. They would rather go off with friends for hours or even days at a time. Yes, we do spend some time apart, but we would rather be together than with anyone else; watching movies, talking about our classes, sitting quietly and reading. It's all good.


Marriage to the right person is absolutely wonderful.

(I know, this is a mushy post. What can I say? I'm happy.) :0}

2 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Congratulations to both of you! It is, indeed, all good.

Susan M. Bell said...

Thanks. I swear it seems like a good, lasting marriage is rare these days. I think it's partly because some couples don't really know how to be friends with each other. That is so important.