Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter and a Birthday


Easter Sunday dawned bright and sunny this morning. What a beautiful day it is. Of course, they're calling for more rain tomorrow, but that's OK. Rain can be a beautiful thing, too. For now, I hope everyone is have a very Happy Easter.


Today is also special for another reason. Chris, my significant other, is celebrating his 38th birthday today. (I say celebrating...he's actually taking a test in one of his online classes. He's studying for his Bachelor's Degree.)

Now, Chris and I have been together nearly 18, married for almost 17, and I have very few pictures of him. He really hates getting his picture taken. You'd think he was wanted by the FBI or something.

But, every once in a while, I get a photo of him. And they are usually pretty good.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't really like photos of myself either, and this one isn't much of an exception. But, it's one of the few (3 I think) of us together. It was taken about 7 or 8 years ago, when we were students at Mayland Community College. (After I lost my job when OMC shut the doors and filed bankruptcy. But, that's another story.) We've both lost some weight since then, and he no longer has the long hair. (I cried when he cut it.)



This one was taken in October of last year...my two favorite men: the hubs and the Stumpy (better known as Major). Chris claims they are all my cats, but he has a soft spot for Major. Actually, he has a soft spot for all of them, but just won't admit to it.


Happy Birthday to the love of my life...my very best friend.




No comments: