Monday, December 8, 2008

Updates and Such

My dad was released from the hospital yesterday and is now at home. They are going to do a biopsy on Wednesday. He does have a brain tumor but it's not entirely clear if it's cancer or not. For now, it's a waiting game.

So, here I am in a holding pattern basically. When we know something definite, I'll start planning a trip to Minnesota. Cancer or not, Dad will have to undergo surgery to have the tumor removed so a trip is still called for. Until then, I have a few distractions. My writers group Christmas party is tonight. We are also saying goodbye to a member/friend who is moving to Virginia, so it's kind of a bitter-sweet event. And I still have some paperwork to fill out at the bank for my business accounts. (I have my first pet-sitting job this coming weekend.)


On the cat-front, Muffin disappeared on Saturday afternoon. One minute she was in the yard, the next she was gone. Now, I know cats tend to wander sometimes, but truth is, she doesn't usually. When Sunday morning rolled around and she wasn't waiting for her breakfast, I got really worried. And as the day wore on and still no sign of her....well, my heart was breaking to say the least.

Then, Sunday evening, I decided to go check out my neighbor's basement. Chris had mentioned something about that possibility that morning, but as far as I knew she had never gone down there. Well, what the heck do I know? I walked over there, flashlight in hand, and called her name...and did the usual "kitty, kitty, kitty" thing. And sure enough, I heard a meow from the basement. I opened the door and here she came, looking at me as if I was a crazy monkey for taking so long to find her. She followed me home, ate like crazy, then proceeded to run back and forth across the porch for a good bit of the evening. I think she had a lot of pent up energy to get rid of.

Cats. Gotta love 'em.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found your cat. We lost one of ours one time and found him locked in the neighbor's garage. :)

I enjoy reading your blog.

~Connie

Susan M. Bell said...

That's kind of the same thing here. The neighbor's basement is the garage as well. What is it with those types of places and cats? I figure Muffin was trying to get in out of the cold wind, which she hates. Don't know why she just didn't go into our basement, which she is in and out of all the time. Curiosity I reckon.

Vicki Lane said...

I have a young friend who had a brain tumor a few years ago. It was removed successfully, turned out non-malignant, and, aside from a rather impressive scar on the side of his shaven (by choice) head, the friend's just the same as always. I'm hoping your father's situation will have a happy resolution.

And I'm so glad the kitty was found!

Anonymous said...

Cats do often wonder away if only for a short time.Glad you found one of your babys.It must be their curiousity!You are in my thoughts concerning your father's situation.I know you must feel like you are so far away to be able to help him but sometimes our thoughtful energies go a long way.I lost both my parents at a very young age.Hang in there.