Saturday, March 10, 2012

And so the story goes....

Well, to be honest, I don't entirely know how the story goes.

I am working on my first novel. I've been saying that for years now. It's not that I haven't actually been doing it, it's just that I can't seem to get it together. The idea I thought I had for the novel appears to be more of a short story, maybe. I don't know. For now, I'm writing bits and pieces of that one down, disjointed little notes and whatever comes to mind, then I am putting it away. Why? Well, I have a new idea.

OK, I know. Maybe I should finish one before I start another. But I love this idea. I got it from a paranormal podcast I was listening to the other day. (Podcasts are my newest obsession. I have almost 2500 downloaded so far. I love them.) This idea is so creepy, so scary...I just hope I can make the creepy and scary come across enough to justify my even trying.

I have always loved scary stories. I love being scared, which I know is crazy. I was listening to the podcast I mentioned on the way to a pet sitting job that is pretty well off the beaten path. This house is in the woods, no real neighbors close by. I love that place. And as I was walking through the area with the cat I was taking care of (he gets to go outside for a bit while I'm there), the wind was blowing just right through the trees. And when I say "just right", I mean it was creepy as heck.

I've noticed this before up there. When the wind blows a certain way, and the trees sway and creak, it sounds just like someone yelling off in the distance. Sometimes, it sounds like a woman screaming just far enough away that you have to stop and ask yourself if you're actually hearing it. Kinda like in all the creepy movies you've ever seen.

So, as I was walking, I was thinking about the things I had heard in that podcast, and I kinda scared myself. Doesn't take much sometimes.

I've tried recording that sound up there, but it never comes out right. You hear the wind, but not the lady screaming sound. Then again, maybe only I can hear it. Maybe it's only meant for me. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

No comments: