On to new business: I have set up an online scavenger hunt for WNC Woman magazine. It's on their Facebook page (facebook.com/wncwoman) and we will be giving away two one-year subscriptions. If you already get your copy in the mail or from a local business, you can send the prize to someone who lives out of the area and can't easily get it. What a great Christmas gift.
The page for the hunt is here: http://www.facebook.com/notes/wnc-woman/wnc-woman-online-scavenger-hunt/286643444707304, but just in case you're not a Facebook person, and don't really want to be one, I am posting the instructions and questions here. Take a gander and try your luck. It's fun....trust me. :-)
Welcome to the first ever WNC Woman Magazine Online Scavenger Hunt. First, directions and the rules…
All answers can be found through our website: www.wncwoman.com. Some are actually on the site itself, others can be found by searching online, using links or listings on the site. All 10 questions must be answered correctly for your name to be put into the drawing for a free one-year subscription to WNC Woman. In the event that no one is able to provide all 10 correct answers, we will go to those who answer 9 correctly, etc. (But come on, we know all of you will ace this with no problem.)
When you think you have the answers, send them in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “hunt” in the subject line. You don’t have to send the questions, just number the answers and send them along. Also, send them in the body of the email. Do NOT send an attachment. Attachments will not be opened. (We have to be careful with things like that.) This hunt is open to anyone 18 or older who is not employed by WNC Woman magazine. Entries are accepted from anyone, anywhere, but subscriptions can only be sent to US addresses at this time.
All entries must be received by 11:59pm on December 16th. Correct entries will be numbered based on the order they are received. The numbers will then be fed into an online random number generator on December 17th and two winners will be chosen to receive the subscription. Winners will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to respond with their snail mail address (or the address of the person they wish to gift the subscription to). If they do not reply within the 48 hours, another winner will be chosen using the same method. If you wish to gift the subscription, a postcard will be sent announcing your gift to the recipient. Subscriptions will start with the January 2012 issue.
OK, I think that’s all the rule and legal type mumbo jumbo. Now, on to the questions:
1) Artist Susan McBride has done several business logos. In which local business ad is a very large tomato prominently featured?
2) This book is described as “..a heartwarming story about three generations of women who find their way past old hurts and losses to understanding, forgiveness and love.” Name the author and the book.
3) What Brevard eatery has a Blueberry Stuffed French Toast offered on their breakfast menu?
4) Fill in the blanks: “Starting with _________ __________, let’s explore how to uncover it, to acknowledge it, and to use it for the highest good.” **hint; can be found in a VERY early issue of WNC Woman. **
5) What WNC Woman advertiser has the tag line “Helping Professional Women Break Out of Old Mindsets?”
6) These two WNC women are working on a play together called “Between the Tackles.” Name them.
7) On average, women make what percentage of purchasing decisions?
8) This shop in downtown Spruce Pine holds an annual fundraiser on the first Saturday in June to benefit the local animal rescue.
9) This Asheville eatery offers half-price wine every Tuesday as well as a “fabulous Bloody Mary menu.”
10) Fill in the blanks: WNC Woman prints between _________ and _______ copies every month.
Don’t forget; email your answers to email@example.com with the word “hunt” in the subject line. And good luck everybody.