Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kitten Update

May have a home for one or more of the kittens. (Keep fingers crossed.) For now, they are still running all over my front porch, raising a heck of a racket. Today, I gave them a treat...a bit of sardines. Boy did they like that.

My usual readers know I have a small house outside for the cats. (a couple actually) The kittens recently discovered the foam one that Muffin usually sleeps in. I'm betting the little microwaveable "heater" I put in there has something to do with their discovery. What's odd is what they're doing with this "new" item they have taken over. Instead of sleeping inside it, they seem to like the idea of sleeping on top of it, collapsing the thing around them.




That's Jeeves and Yahoo in the picture. When I went out there early yesterday morning, Jeeves and Google were laying there like that. They came running to me, and then I was surprised to see Yahoo come crawling out of the house. They were laying on top of him. Maybe it was his idea, a way to keep warm.



I still get a kick out of Google's eyes. He is always wide-eyed and ready to go.





And Yahoo is such a beautiful boy. Sometimes he just sits beside me and watches the others play.





Jeeves is a hoot. Still more standoffish than the others, but does come running to be petted. He's a doll.


They're growing like weeds. I see a difference every day. Such beautiful little guys. Even Muffin is learning to accept them being around.



Sort of.


No comments: