Thursday, June 5, 2008

Miscellaneous Musings

Well, we've been having a bit of a heat wave in the NC mountains over the past couple days. When we say "heat wave" up here, we mean temperatures in the 90s. My thermometer read 94 degrees yesterday.

My hubby and I moved up here from the Savannah, Georgia back in 1993. A heat wave down there could have temps above 100, not to mention the stifling humidity in that area. That's one thing I don't miss; air so thick you could cut it with a knife.

The mountains up here are beautiful. I have never once regretted our move to this area. I never get tired of the views. Even when the clouds are covering the area, it's beautiful. Sunrises and sunsets off the Blue Ridge Parkway are glorious. And in the Autumn months, when the leaves are changing to various shades of orange, red and gold....breathtaking.

I have some great photos I am trying to upload, but for some reason it's not working. So, as soon as I can get it going, I will post some great Smoky Mountain pictures.

For now, I hope you have a peaceful day.

No comments: